We take our responsibility very seriously and do everything possible to ensure your child’s safety while in our care. Our skilled bus drivers are trained and certified according to the strict laws and regulations of the state of Arizona. We appreciate your interest and ask that you help your child learn the rules of safety so that we can maintain our outstanding safety record. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
We provide bus transportation to students who reside one or more miles from school.
Forty buses travel in excess of 1,500 miles and transport more than 3,800 students every school day at BCSD. To ensure every student’s safety, we expect certain behavior on our buses. Any behavior that interferes with a driver’s ability to operate his/her bus safely or that jeopardizes the safety or property of one’s self or peers is inappropriate. We expect all students to follow the bus rules.
- Obey the bus driver’s rules immediately.
- Load and unload the school bus in an orderly fashion (no pushing or running).
- Keep your hands to yourself and inside the bus at all times.
- No fighting, real or play, sexual harassment, or bullying.
- No eating or drinking on the bus except water.
- No throwing of anything inside the bus or outside the windows.
- Talk in normal voices. Do not yell or use vulgar language.
- No destroying or damaging any part of the school bus.
- No animals, insects, reptiles, birds, or glass containers allowed.
- No weapons, explosive devices, or chemicals allowed.
- No drugs, tobacco, or alcohol allowed.
- Electronic devices may be used in a quiet fashion while riding the bus at the student’s own risk. The District is not liable for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- Large birthday flowers or balloon bouquets may not be carried on the bus.
Safety Regulations at the Bus Stop
We expect students to abide by school rules of conduct while on our buses and at the bus stop. Students should also abide by the following rules:
- Be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is due to arrive. If the bus arrives early, the driver will wait until the scheduled pick-up time.
- Always walk to the bus.
- Stop and look both ways before crossing the street.
- Respect private property. Do not throw trash on the ground.
- Do not stand or play in the street while at the bus stop.