In the Bullhead City School District #15, we maintain six schools. We proudly serve students from preschool through eighth grade and the families of Bullhead City, Arizona. We provide a comprehensive education along with many extracurricular programs and services. Please visit our individual school sites to learn more.
Bullhead City School District was founded in 1948 with the building of a one room “little red school house.” Our district has grown considerably since then, and it now serves nearly 2,500 students on six different campuses. But you can still see our original schoolhouse at the Bullhead City Community Park.
The mission of the District is to provide a student centered environment that cultivates character, promotes academic excellence, and embraces diversity. Students will achieve to their maximum potential and become productive citizens who provide a lasting contribution to our society.
- We believe that all students should expect success in their academic achievement and goals.
- We believe that lifelong learning is nurtured through family, school and community.
- We believe that all students should understand the core values and governing principles upon which this country was founded.
- We believe that academic instruction should translate into student success.
- We believe that all students, through hard work and accountability, should reach their academic potential every day.
- We believe that all students should be supported in a safe and caring environment.
Additional Programs & Services
To ensure every student has access to the services they need for academic success, we provide transportation, health, counseling, and nutrition services throughout our schools. Students benefit from after-school tutoring and Flex Friday enrichment programs. And we also offer Title I, special and gifted education, and ELL programs on an as-needed basis. Through “Safe Schools” grants and the cooperation of Bullhead City Police Department, we share school resource officers amongst our sites. Additionally, we offer after-school activities through both the Bullhead City Parks and Recreation and the Boys and Girls Club of Colorado River.